Psychologists, self-help experts, and philosophers from ancient times are concerned with dreams and realities, illusions, perception and other forms of consciousness.
Some define world just sensed by senses others argue about perception.
Their main argument is that we see, what we want to see not the other way around. They give more importance to perception than sensation.
However, the question here is, how to quit media not feeding your dreams?
Dreamers consume healthy media there is no substitute to fresh and classified information about present and future.
In order to dream big, you must change the media you consume. Media is a tool of transmission of ideas to mind and mind process this raw materials to make patterns for action.
Sometimes they are of use and sometimes not if it makes you focus on your dreams it is the media you should consume on the other hand, if it binds you to issues not concerning you than you are consuming the wrong media you should change it immediately.
Most of the media campaigns are very personal, someone is accusing someone else and others are worrying about their quarrels. It is a big red signal for you if you are consuming such media.
The more you are interested in other issues and concerns the more you are avoiding your own issues and concerns.
The more you avoid your issues you are inviting stress in your life.
A good rule of thumb is to avoid immersing in other issues and minding your own issues.
Someone is acting; emotions, frustrations and blaming game and you are watching them. They are getting money and you are getting nothing but a pain, they are on the other side and the better side of the glass.
Most of us are caught up in the rat race, we will call it analysis, which is paralyzing us to pursue our goals and chase our dreams. Now the media has taken the role of distraction. It is busy distracting us from our dreams.
Now how you stop consuming media not feeding your dreams; these points may help you do that:
1. Accept verified news through proper channels accept it when you trust the media outlets. Not every news agency is trustworthy some times what you watch and listen is just propaganda and there is no proof of it.
2. Avoid propaganda, once you find out that it is propaganda avoid it at all cost.
3. Avoid social media, yes most of the news are from fake accounts and you can’t verify even a person or a group who initiated it. Viral, trending and sponsored or advertised content is not worthy of your attention.
4. Choose mindfulness and decide the healthy habits of successful people, the best way to prepare yourself for success, you must feed your minds, hearts, and souls with success media or contents.
5. Every news is not for you stick to this golden rule, read-only those which are related to your interest, don’t waste time on unimportant news.
6. Fake NEWS, I call it the cancer of modern media, you can say just going through such media that it is fake due to cues of deception. Body language tells truth.
7. Goal and dream centric media only is beneficial to you and your profession.
8. Pick success media Media consumption is necessary to know, what is going on around us. However, that media be of your choice.
9. Pump up yourself with the uplifting media. This is the best way to kill time, consuming new and creative content which can show you new ways to innovation and creativity.
10. Ugly faces of media giants will show you what to avoid and what to consume. Sometimes their analysis paralysis convinces you that world is about to collapse and you have to watch their nonsense talks and capital talks.
11. Xenonic Media, I coined this term for the best media possible for emotional, mental and professional growth. Xenon is an element of the periodic table in chemistry. A colorless, odorless, noble gas element found in minute quantities in the atmosphere.
This type of media is hard to find however if you find such kind of media I wish good luck in advance.
What do you think, let me know in the comments below…