25 Positive psychological how to ways to success
How to achieve success in anything?
Achieving success in anything needs discipline and everything in between. The management of
psychological blocks that blocks your way towards it. It is important to mention that the fruit of patience
is always sweet and somebody said that the harder the fight the sweeter the victory. Although success is
an abstract concept yet it offers certain psychological measures that make it interesting and challenging
to understand and extract meaning from this.
It is next to useless if we start measuring others’ success. Only we can measure our success because we
know what the meaning of success to us is? I remember one of my classmates and friends asked me what
success according to me is? And my answer was if you succeed in your life’s mission then you are
The same answer to everyone reading this post is that if you achieve whatever you want to achieve in
your life then you are successful. It can be anything, person, place, position, or any intangible things
like fame, respect, recognition, and much more. For some success is an achievement for some it is the
realization of dreams and inspirations.
To me, it can be anything with which you are comfortable. It doesn’t matter whether it is physical or
psychological but as a psychologist or a student of psychology I can say you from my experience and
study that it is more psychology and fewer mechanics.
All the material possessions are nothing but temporary achievements and accomplishments but the
inner satisfaction with either life or its circumstances are those important aspects of success that keep
we accomplished even if we are struggling with different areas of our lives.
Here are countless self-help books out there that frequently say a lot of new things to customers and
clients but here I am interested to share with you some important concepts of positive psychology that
can give you important insights into the field of psychology and your implementation will pave your
the path towards success.
- Awaken the power of Insight
- It is the same thing that motivational speakers and leaders of all ages have been talking about awesome, yet challenging for those who face difficulty staying alone with their thoughts and feelings.
- Be the change you seek
- Once a spiritual leader told his followers to be the change you seek, meaning that if you want to be wealthy, acquire it. If you want peace, be peaceful, if you want, love and freedom be loving and free to seek, accept and respond accordingly.
- Count your blessings
- If you are willing to live happy and peaceful life then instead of counting your shortcomings count your blessings. If you think you don’t have anything blissful than even right now you are reading this post you are breathing, you have eyesight, internet, mobile, tablet or laptop and PC. You have these things right now including your life that other people around the world wish they had, you are living in Paradise but haven’t yet realized it.
- Disconnect negativity
- Negativity is the misuse of your imagination don’t do it. Our system has always a buffering signaling mechanism to give you awareness about your experience that whether it is positive or negative. Once it signals you about the negative, disconnect and goes back to your default positive state.
- Eliminate distractions
- If you want to succeed avoid distractions at every cost. This is a dangerous zone to live and stay in because it eats your dreams and hopes. The more you are sidelined from your goals and objectives the more you are inclined to fail. The sure way to greatness is killing all distractions and focusing on the things that lead you to your destination.
- Find the meaning of your life
- Logotherapy of Viktor Frankl is a well-known example of finding meaning in your life and sufferings. Whenever you encounter a life-altering situation reflect on it and create some meaning in it. When you start collecting meaning in your pain and sorrow you start unleashing the giant within that gives you the inner strength to face anything or anyone standing between you and your desire to grow emotionally, mentally, and spiritually.
- Go for big goals
- The time required for both, the big goals and small goals. So, why were time and precious mental abilities on useless tasks? Prioritize and admire the big goals and dreams to achieve greatness and success.
- Higher the goal higher the reward
- Believe that the higher the goal and dream the greater is the reward as the old proverb is the harder the battle the sweeter is the victory. Aim for a higher position in any field if you want to be successful.
- Interest-based reading
- Great readers and leaders never binge read, have studied their interests, and read-only interest-based topics. Online or offline; you also must start this if you want to be successful.
- Judging is the failing experience
- In MPhil course work Madam Dr. Farah Iqbal said that learn and don’t judge now. It’s not the time of judgment you are here to learn and experiment. I still believe that learning something new will lead you to your success. So, stop judging and start learning.
- Know your strength and weaknesses
- Lose your fake pride
- Manipulate failure
- Never quit
- Open your mind
- Provide value in anything you do
- Question your life daily
- Remember your past
- Say always the good
- Try hard and constantly
- Understand the odds
- View yourself successful
- Watch your freedom daily
- Expand your horizon
- Zeal and enthusiasm
Why is it necessary to keep that fire burning inside your heart and soul?